Monday, May 10, 2010

New day, new me?

They say that the more you write, the better you get. Who are they? And what do they care about me? Haha. Oh well. I want to write more, but need to force myself to do it. People keep saying what a great writer I am and how articulate I am. I guess I am in the wrong field - human resources really doesn't allow me to practice my writing skills. It just annoys and frustrates the hell out of me!! Who has an interest in reading my stuff anyways? Well, I have got to take that risk and keep doing it, right? I like it and it makes me feel better afterwards...so why not keep doing it?

I don't really want to talk about my work b/c it sux right now and I don't know who might be reading this and they might tattle on me - LOL.

I was walking down by the Pier today and saw some interesting people. People walking their dogs (or running them), strange couples, rollerbladers, cyclists and a homeless guy sleeping on a bench. I felt sad for the homeless guy - he had a wheelchair next to him with a back pack hanging on it. It's hard these days with 12% unemployment. Oh and the housing market...my GM was telling me today that she heard on the news about people walking out on their mortgages. People who purchased their homes for $400,000 and it's now valued at $80,000 - WTH?? Not even worth a quarter of what it was! I'd walk too. The government needs to quit bailing out the arrogant, selfish, rich companies on Wall Street. They are just going to waste it away anyways with their big parties and bonuses.

Oh sorry, did I get on my soap box again? I am getting used to Florida, I guess. Meeting some great people and have found a church. The beaches are the best part of Florida. I have made it to Clearwater, St. Pete, Ft. Desoto, Sand Key, Madeira and Pass-a-grille beaches and still more to go! I try to go to one each week, so I can determine my favorite. Clearwater, Pass-a-grille and Ft. Desoto are my favorites so far (in that order).

Random thoughts today..so maybe I'll do different topics each day/week instead of just talking about everything all at once.

I am tired and need a bath in a big way, so good night to who ever reads this.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you started a blog!!
    (don't ask me why I'm awake right now - stupid drivers calling me in the middle of the night!!)

    ReplyDelete