Sunday, March 28, 2010

March in Florida....

Yeah, I am lazy and haven't been updating my blog, but do I care? Not really.

So, I have a sinus infection, but won't go into any details about how much snot I have been producing. Really, it's too much and I haven't been getting any sleep with my coughing all freakin' night. Oscar just gets po'd and sleeps in the other room. Wish I could do that, but it just follows me everywhere I go. AND to top it all off, I did go to the doc-in-a-box and get a Z-pack, but guess what?? It has disappeared!! I took my first dose and then either Oscar found it and batted it around the apartment or I just put it in a really safe place. While scrounging around the apartment for it, I discovered how incredibly dirty my floors are! I am feeling slightly better and yesterday was able to muster the energy to clean the bathroom and do some laundry. Today's task is the kitchen, grocery shopping and vacuuming. Of course, the weather was beautiful the day I was sick and now when I feel like getting out, it has decided to storm. Go figure.

Back to my so-called "condo" or what I call apartment. Why am I always cleaning cobb-webbs in the corners and on my ceiling?? Is this a Florida thing? It's disgusting and I know I have cleaned several in the same place every month! And the lack of space thing just drives me crazy. I have got to rearrange again in my bedroom - it still looks like I just got here because I have no place to store my old TV and suitcases (yes I have rearranged my patio storage several times already). Oh, and one of the wire shelves in my closet looks as if it will collapse at any moment - one of the rods needs to be fixed...another thing for maintenance to come in for but guess who gets to do all of the work? ME - I would have to take all my hanging clothes down. Oh well, I'll leave it for another day...procrastination is great!!

Something new in my quest in Florida...two months ago, I joined Weight Watchers, been exercising 4-5 times a week. I have lost about 10 inches and 15 pounds! This has been a great distraction for me since it keeps me so busy since right now, I have no life here. Who knew that being healthy is hard work, especially the cooking. I grocery shop every week and cook most everything fresh. I try to cook something new every week just to keep variety. Also I have added variety in my work-outs...besides just walking by the bay on base, I discovered the beautiful gym on base (and it's free!!). The elliptical burns over 700 calories in an hour!! Weee!! Then, for fresh air in St. Pete, I walk over by The Pier and found some funny looking pelicans :) They say you'll see dolphins swimming over there too, but I have yet to see them. Next, I tried Leslie Sansone walking with pilates - awesome core and cardio workout. Now, recently I have tried Jillian Michaels Shred - she does not play! 25 minutes of pure HELL, but is a good strength, core and cardio workout even in that small amount of time.

Ok, well that is it for now...don't want to bore you too much today. I will try to do this more often since writing is a good release for me. Whoever reads this, have a great day wherever you are :)


1 comment:

  1. Good job girl! You are making the most of the new life in Flordia~
    I am so happy and proud of you for you taking on this new adventure and challenge.
    Sucks that oscar took off with your meds, grddy cat. Like if his cap-nip wasn't enough for him to get high off of..lol

    Good job! Keep it up and maybe I'll be able to head down there for that race I wanted to hit up in Nov.

    ReplyDelete