Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pre-TGIF

It's Friday Eve - hooray!! So did I mention that the door to one of my cabinets in the kitchen fell off?? Well, I tried to be the independent fixer-upper and screw it back in...it worked for about a minute and it fell right back out. Nice. I get to call the property manager to come in and fix it. While I am at it, I wonder if it will do any good to ask about my garbage disposal..every time I turn the disposal on, it comes up on the other side of the sink - just nasty! Is this supposed to happen? It's never happened to me in previous apartments...we'll see.

With the cold weather that has hit everywhere in the US, St. Pete has been in the chilly 40-50s and I have been trying hard to NOT turn on the heater - not just because my electric bill gets enormously high, but also because my vents rattle like crazy and it is hard to sleep with it on! Also, it's not good for the allergies at night...all that nasty air circulating around the apartment and into my lungs. Not a nice feeling when I wake up in the morning. Time to change the cheap air filter that I recently pulled out - it appears to have been cut off some sort of strip of another one. Who knows.

So it's Friday tomorrow...no plans for the weekend in St. Pete except for exercise, Weight Watchers and grocery shopping! I keep telling myself I need to get out and explore, but I don't like doing things by myself....I can't exactly take Oscar (my cat) with me. Sometimes I just need a big swift kick in the backside!

No comments:

Post a Comment