Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mothers

I am starting a new topic..here in West Melbourne, FL and more 1300 miles away from my mother. Being the baby and all, I miss my mom!! :) Since I have been several states away from the blessed and beautiful one, I have learned to appreciate all that she is and all that she did for all of us. A wise man once told me that "no one loves you like your mother". I believe that to be true, especially my mother (certainly I am not bias!). She loves with all her might, all her soul and all her heart. Never does she forget who her children are, even in the darkest moments, she always stands strong. During the hard times, when she had to discipline, she cried behind our backs but always did what was right to make us better and ultimately responsible and independent adults.

It is no different than the love that God has for His children. His discipline and lessons are out of His pure love for us. He knows what is best and so do our mothers. I have seen so many take advantage of their mother's love, stomp on it and leave out to rot. So sad. Even still, mothers dust themselves off and get right back up and keep on loving their children and their children's children. Such perseverance I admire and have been able to inherit from my own mother. Through thick and thin, rain or shine, she stands for us.

My mother is one of my best friends. Although she may not know everything that goes on in my life, she knows most and she knows my heart. I do my best to give back to her what she gives and continues to give me every day. She may get on my nerves sometimes, but I know I probably get on hers too. No one is perfect, but we all have a mother that loves us unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment