Friday, November 26, 2010

New job, new city, new life AGAIN!

So I have just accepted a new job that will be paying me more money, give me more and better experience and move me to a different city. A few sacrifices will be made - leaving some friends behind, finding a new church, Oscar stressing in my initial absence and the move and just the whole new adjustment to a new city. Fear factor for me is the unknown and I am 35 and single! The latter is a whole subject matter of it's own.

The unknown...the job itself: it's an HR Generalist which I am familiar through the last 7 and a half years. I am well educated and certified and experienced so I have no problems, right? It's a new company to me and most companies' policies are different but the basics in employment law are the same. This will be a challenging experience for me.

The city: Melbourne, FL is two and a half hours away from Tampa, so I will be starting over again. New friends, new church, new apartment. This will be the harder adjustment for me because I am a social and emotional person. Fitness and eating healthy will be key to less stress while adjusting. Must keep the weight off or I will be back in the same position as last year.

Oscar: need I say more? He has gotten more honorary in his old age. Any hint of realizing something is going on and he will pee on the carpet outside his box. The little sh*thead! And driving or flying with him will be a not so fun experience - he will howl the whole way in the car and then do I let him out to pee during the two hour drive? He will take off I am sure, never to be found again! So maybe a litter box in the car? Right, that should be funny.

While all of this will soon pass, my first month scares me - I will be flying back and forth to NC until the company makes it's move to FL. Does anyone else like the thought of flying to and from home every week? I know Oscar won't like it. When will I be able to pack? Find an apartment? All this craziness frightens me but like my mom says 'this too shall pass'. Everything happens for a reason and this opportunity fell gracefully into my lap. Who wouldn't accept it? I would be a nutjob if I didn't, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment